It's likely that you'll occasionally need to reset passwords for your users in the event that passwords are lost or forgotten. This only takes a minute.
This article assumes you're not using SSO (Single Sign-On). If your webpage refreshes when you log out of Compleat rather than showing you the Compleat login screen again, that means you're not using SSO.
- Go to Security, and click User Accounts.
- Click the user whose password needs resetting.
- In the User Password field, enter a new password.
Make a note of it so that you can pass it to the new user.
- Go to the Advanced Settings tab.
- Tick the checkbox next to User must change their password on next login.
- Make sure that the user's Failed login attempts count is set to 0.
If they've been trying log in with the wrong password, the count will have increased.
- In the bottom-right, click Save User.
- All done!
Make sure you give the user their new password. When they next log in, they'll immediately be prompted to create a new password.