Invoices > Unprocessed Tray
Any invoices that require your attention arrive in the Unprocessed tray, including invoices that Compleat hasn't been able to match to a PO.
This article explores some common reasons why invoices might go to the Unprocessed tray, and how to deal with them.
Common status messages
Each invoice in the Unprocessed tray has a status message, which is there to help you decide what action to take.
Here are some common status messages you might come accross:
- Invoice received - Values require amendment
- Invoice received - PO Number does not match any known PO
- Automatic Invoice Matching failed due to error
- Invoice received - No information could be extracted from it
- Invoice received with no PO Number
- Credit Note
You'll need to take different action on invoices depending on their status message. Keep reading to find out different ways of deadling with unprocessed invoices.
Manually match an invoice to an order
Somtimes Compleat may be unable to automatically match an invoice to an order. This could be caused by the invoice's file type. Check out our article on Sending invoices to Compleat to find out more.
If this happens, you can manually match an invoice to an order from the Unprocessed tray.
- On the homepage, click Invoices.
Find your invoice, and click it.
It will have this status message:
- The invoice match screen displays the filters you can apply to help find the matching PO. When you've chosen your filters, click Search at the bottom to see a list of Potential Invoice Matches.
A good practice for finding a PO is to remove the PO number from the filter, and then filter by the supplier.
- A list of Potential Invoice Matches appears.
Find the correct matching PO, and click it.
- The invoice match screen opens. Here, two things can happen depending on if the values match:
1. If the total of the PO and the invoice match, it will be automatically distributed through the lines. At this point you can click to save the invoice.
2. If the totals are different, you will have to manually match the lines to equal the total value of the invoice.Scroll down to the Line items, and click Match beside each line.
- (Optional) You can adjust the line values during manual matching.
Compleat will ask what you want to do with the remaining balance.
- Once the values match, click Save.
- That's it! You've successfully manually matched an invoice to an order.
Process a Direct Invoice or Credit Note
A direct invoice is one that doesn't hace a matching PO in Compleat.
Here's how to process a direct invoice.
- Click the invoice, and click New Direct Invoice on the right.
- Scroll to the bottom of the screen, and code the line items yourself.
- Click Save when you're done.
- You're finished!
You can process a credit note in exactly the same way. Just click the credit note in the Unprocessed tray, click New Credit Note, and Compleat will automatically apply your default credit note layout.