There could be instances when you will have to amend an already approved order in your system. A certain type of order may require amending for example, a construction project may increase in cost, or a blanket purchase agreement may require amendments to stock quantity. These types of orders are beneficial to have under one PO number, as well as being able to view the audit logs all in one place.
Follow this guide to learn how to activate amendments to a layout and how to make the line changes yourself.
Turn on amendments in the layout
The option to amend an order is only available if it is allowed on the layout of the order. Follow the steps below to check this.
If you are confident the order in question is already set to a layout that allows order amendments, go to the next header to amend an order.
Access to the Admin Module is required to configure the steps below.
- In Admin, hover over System Config and click Layout Configuration.
Locate the layout you need and click to open.
For faster results, use the search bar.
- Click the Further Options tab.
Scroll down to find the field called Variation Orders / Amendments.
Click the drop-down and select Allow Order Amendment.
- Save your changes in the bottom-right. Click Save Record.
Amend an order
With the layout set to allow order amendments, you can locate your order and make changes.
- From the homepage, click Requisitions.
- Click the Approved tray.
Locate your Purchase Order.
You can use the filter at the top to search on PO number.
- Hover over the order and click the burger icon next to reference number.
- Click the option to Amend this order.
- Click OK to confirm that you want to amend this order.
- This will move the order from the Approved tray into the Saves tray.
- Scroll down to the order lines and click Amend on the required lines.
A popup appears requiring you to enter a new quantity or unit cost (or both) and click OK.
The OK button will only appear once a Reason for change has been entered.